Radiator replacement

16 Oct 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I'd like to change couple of radiators which are pretty old. One of them measures 1260 x 600mm. Can I replace is with a standard size of 1200 x 600? If so what would the best way of covering the gap of 60mm?
Also is it possible to change the thermostatic valve without draining the whole system?
Sponsored Links
You can get tails that extend or even simpler move the pipework as it can look odd otherwise

What system do you have?
Sponsored Links

Ok as it's pressurised simply release the water pressure then you can change the valve once your radiator is off

Turn on the valve you want to change until the pressure goes to do this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local