Replacing an existing radiator

9 Jan 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have just moved in to an old house with central heating and have a leak on a radiator in bathroom. The rad is shot and needs replacing. It is a single rad and measures in old money 25 x 24 ins. to find a replacement the nearest I could see was 600 x 600mm. My problem is that if I use this size the distance between the two valves measures 630mm. The valve tails will not come out of the old rad. Can I buy just the valve tails or do I have to replace the complete valves??. Also what do I do about the gap difference....Me not a
Sponsored Links
there is telescopic valve tails available to make up distances. i don't think the big plumbers mechants sell them. you may have to hunt down small family run supplier. Alternatively contact WPM in Sunderland, i know they do them (sorry don't know any web details)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links