Radiator trapped air

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a microbore system. Most mornings when I switch the heating on, one radiator in the hallway does not get hot. If I switch all the other rads off I then hear air coming through it and it warms up. I can then switch the other rads back on and it is ok till the next time the heating is switched on when I have to go through the process again. No air comes out of the bleed valve if I try to bleed it.

Sponsored Links
A balancing, and possibly sludge problem. See faq's.

I've got a microbore system too - doesn't it just suck?!

One of the two radiator in my living room is a real pain to get to heat up...

I had an engineer in once to service the boiler and when asked about it he shut down all of the radiators in the house except the problem one and it heated up in no time!

He suggested a balancing issue, but I've tried and tried and the best I can achieve is to get all of the radiators in the house to be what I would call 'off-cold' i.e. not even warm!

I guess at least they are all at the same temperature, but that's not really a fix is it?

I've flush the radiator in question numerous times so don't thing sludge is an issue.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post other than to let you know you're not alone... I suspect that my issue may be down to bad layout.

It was explained to me that water is lazy and will always take the route of least resitance, so if you have a radiator that is the furthest one away from the distrbution point, it will probably always be the hardest to heat.

Sorry not to be of any practical use.

Dave

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
A balancing, and possibly sludge problem. See faq's.

Thanks for your help,
How do you get rid of sludge from a microbore system where the manifolds are upstairs and the pipes drop down to each radiator. Do I have to empty each downstairs radiator individually?

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back