Radiator valve cap question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies in advance for what will probably turn out to be a stupid question, but today I called British Gas as we had a radiator with a leaking valve which wou k d not stop. The chap came and drained the system down and fitted a nice new one as per the picture. All good then I just went to see how far open he had turned it open but have found that I can't turn it - either to open or close it - it has a screw in the top which I have taken out to see if that makes a difference but it doesn't. Am I missing something here? Also there is like a plastic ring part of the cover that is separate to the main cover which is loose underneath - is that normal? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Well unless BG have come up with a rad valve based on those caps they fit to pill containers you push and turn :D. I would guess it is just tight, anyway they fitted it so get them back to sort it out ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back