Radiator valve question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning DIYers

I’m struggling to figure out what part I need to finish off connecting a new rad installation.

The pic shows the pipe with its current drainage valve, the size is approx 27mm (???) the rad has a normal 15mm entry.

I bought a 22mm to 15mm coupler but it’s too small (I bought before measuring assuming I knew what I needed).

Can someone let me know what I need please??

Attachments

• AEEC8DDF-2CFA-4DB0-9DF1-581B9FA0552E.jpeg
    AEEC8DDF-2CFA-4DB0-9DF1-581B9FA0552E.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 96
Sponsored Links
Sorry, I’ve got an extensionon already, the positioning is fine the pipe is leaning back a little in the pic.

My issue is the current fitting on the pipe is too big for the extension/rad which is 15mm

Pic

Attachments

• 98D7052F-2428-4B6F-A0B1-752AD102A7E5.jpeg
    98D7052F-2428-4B6F-A0B1-752AD102A7E5.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 82
Sponsored Links
There are two types of threads on radiator valves, and two corresponding types of extensions. Your rad valve is 3/4 bsp thread and conical face , the extension is 15 mm compression. Is your intent to add another piece in between to make up the gap ,or just showing us like it is for illustration ? Anyway you have the wrong extension for that valve.

That won't do,its for connecting tube to tube ,of differring sizes. Your valve is a 3/4 bsp thread ( male) union. You have the wrong rad tail extension ,just buy the correct one ??

Cheers again Terry, any links to show me exactly what I’m after?

See eBay item no 2513 42843050 " radiator valve extension universal adjustable for 1/2" trv or 3/4" lockshield"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back