Radiator Valves Don't Seem To Be Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had a new vertical panel radiator fitted with Pegler Terrier valves etc fitted,as linked to below.

I'm not sure whether it is actually the TRV that is at fault,but when the central heating is on the radiator starts off warm/hot then whether it's on number 3,4 or 5 it seems to switch itself off too often.The radiator is moderately warm for a lot longer than it's hot,if that makes sense.

To me it seems to be turning itself off too often as if it's reached temperature in that room,but it's colder in that room than anywhere else in the house as it is,so i don't understand why it seems to be turning itself off after about 30 mins.

Can anyone advise please?

Pegler :
http://www.screwfix.com/p/pegler-terrier-chrome-trv-15mm-angled/96050

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
legotop356-1.jpg

hi

faulty TRV sensor heads can give problems like this.
a test can be done by removing the head and fitting to another radiator for observation.
this simply involves unscrewing the base nut by hand, or with a cloth if its overtightened. take care of the threads when screwing it back on.

for optimum temperature control, TRVs should be fitted such that the sensor head is horizontal(perpendicular to side of rad). the valve arrangement in your case may be picking up heat gain from the local pipe drop and therefore closing prematurely.

hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back