Radiator warmish at the top, cold at the bottom?

R

ryoc

The radiator in our front room has never been very efficient. Recently I have noticed that it is warmish at the top, but cold at the bottom (back and front panel). Any ideas? I have bled it a bit, but makes no real difference. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be sludge build up?

Try closing the valves and draining the radiator down. Use this opportunity to check the flow from the valves.

Take the radiator outside and flush with a hosepipe.

Might work might not - worth a go.

Rich

If you have got a TRV fitted then it may have closed as the room has got up to temperature.

Sponsored Links
ryoc said:
The radiator in our front room has never been very efficient. Recently I have noticed that it is warmish at the top, but cold at the bottom (back and front panel). Any ideas? I have bled it a bit, but makes no real difference. Thanks
Try closing the valves on all the radiators that are ok and see if this helps-it may-then again,it may not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back