radiator watt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: first post, hi i am redoing the living room/dining room and want to put new radiator in and trying to work out the wattage i need in the room 7.10mx3.30mx2.40m there is one radiator at each end of the room under the window, we are mid terrace. i used the b&q calcuator thing and come up with 8924btu so over the 2 radiator 4462 so 1307 watts each radiator, not sure if this is right and if it is, i seen a radiator that is about 200 watts less than i need, will 200watts make much of a difference, would be very greatfully for any help :?:

Sponsored Links
Using the industry standard up to date mears calculator, you need 3300 (11250btu) watts heat output for this room @ 22C

As dave says, use the correct industry standard room sizing chart for heat losses, etc. try www.radcalcs.com. Column radiators don't throw out as much heat as convector type radiators. So failling the above website try a reputable plumbers merchant (not B an Spew who'll sell sand to arabs, just because it makes them a shilling) PTS, Plumb Center, Grahams etc. They'll be more than happy to help

Sponsored Links
Using the industry standard up to date mears calculator, you need 3300 (11250btu) watts heat output for this room @ 22C

This assumes your figures given and info is accurate. As always check for your self.

there is one radiator at each end of the room under the window
Do the existing radiators keep you warm enough? If so you just need to find out what their output is and buy two which give the same combined output.

If you have steel panel rads, you can use the Stelrad Elite Catalogue to estimate the wattage of your existing rads.

Most rads are oversized by 10-20% - it's supposed to make the room warm up quicker from cold - so a few % larger or smaller won't make much difference, particularly as winter temperatures rarely get as low as -1C, unless you live on the top of Ben Nevis. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back