Radiators always on and can't turn heat down.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'd be grateful for any help please. Here's our problem.

When my timer (in airing cupboard) calls for heat, the heaters come on, that’s great, but then it gets too hot and I cant turn them down, even though I can turn the heat down to say 20 it ignores the heater switch in living room and will still keep getting as warm as it can, to around 28. To turn the heating off I have to click the timer in the airing cupboard to off.

Another thing I noticed is that when the timer in airing cupboard is set to hot water only and when the timer calls for water, the radiators come on as well as the water even though I don’t want them to, really annoying in the summer when its baking hot.

Any ideas what this could be please?

(The hot water storage tank is in the airing cupboard, with a red pump, a dial on off water & heat timer that calls for water and a little silver box with a vertical lever arm on it and the temp switch thermostat thing in the living room that you choose your heat with.

I have a gas boiler in the kitchen that I think heats all the hot water.)

Thank you

SL

Sponsored Links
Thank you

I had a whole new box fitted, system was flushed out and fitted the new box. £110 all in inc labour, I was happy enough with that.

It all works a treat now.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thats about right if it was only the valve head!

It sounds VERY cheap if it was a whole new valve!

Perhaps it was one of these new entrants with too little work to do ?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back