Radiators hot when only hot water selected.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my central heating, when the hot water is selected and canteal heating off the radiators in the house still get VERY hot even with the central heating thersmostat turned right down.

I have a drayton lifestyle mid position valve seems people have lots of problems with these could it be the culprit?

Sponsored Links
whats the lever on the side pointing to when hw only on ?
should be pointing to w.

could be the valve is letting by.

well there is a lever on what would be the top left of the valve if it was mounted vertically ( it isnt its on its right side ) which moved back and forth as i change the settings on the conyrol panel. When set to hot water it move all the way clockwise, where the W M H sticker ( which is on the bottom of the unit as i look at it or right hand side if the writing is upright.) is there doesnt seem to be a pointer or anything sticking out of the unit to tell me what its on.

hi there " Tricky T" posted about this valve few days ago, it would appear you have the same problem the posts which anchor the springs snap off he found a way to fix it and I another both fixes seam to work

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back