radiators need bleeding every few days

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted on here a few weeks ago regarding the heating system in my Mum's bungalow. It has 3 radiators that need bleeding every few days. One rad is worse than the others.

I was recommended to add sludge remover. I added X400 and left it for 2 weeks. When drained, black water came out, and I have done this a couple of times withe the water getting clearer each time. However the build up of gas seems the same.

I have some X100 to add but am waiting until the fault has been cured incase I have to drain it all off again.

Is there anything else it could be? When refilling I have trouble getting the flow past the auto bleed unit in the loft. I have to slacken the plastic cap and tap the unit, causing air to bubble out here.

I have noticed that the pump seems a little noisy as if it is passing air in with the water.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back