Radiators not coming on

Sponsored Links
No two way valves under the combi?

You would think the stats on the middle and top floors would drive two way valves?
That's what I was expecting. I can't think what the thermostats control other than them

Could be wired in parallel but would be very odd!

Have you tried turning off the working rads on the top floor to see if the ones on the middle floor work.

If you turn all the stats off apart from the middle floor does the boiler fire?

Is it also odd the middle floor stat is polypipe?

That's what I was expecting. I can't think what the thermostats control other than them

Sponsored Links
The lever on the 2 way valve? To manually operate the valve it goes in the opposite direction to your picture and clips in.
If the valve is electronically opened there will be no resistance when you move the lever.

Have you found some more?

Should the valve be to the right or left?

I thought the UFH was working? If so you can ignore that 2 way valve as it works...

Yes the ufh and top floor are on but the middle floor isnt, there is only x1 2way valve

there is only x1 2way valve...

...that you've found so far.

I understand you have a room stat for each floor. That would make sense if each of them controlled a valve to turn the heating on and off for that floor. Might be hidden under floorboards or in a service duct.

That's correct, I built the house 5 years ago and I'm certain there is only x1 valve which is in the cupboard with the ufh manifold, there is no room anywhere else for one to be

You must have two other MValves, otherwise what do the thermostats control ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back