Radiators not warming up - Vaillant Boiler 242E

After being told that the system needed flushing a second time, I had all the radiators & Pipework replaced. (a couple of pipes downstairs were not replaced). So should there still be any sludge in the system - enough to cause 4 radiators from working properly.

The plumber bought the radiators & as far as I can tell they are new. Anyway of checking if this is not the case.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sludge in a system will tend to work its way to the bottom, by gravity.
If the pipes not replaced are at or close to the bottom of the system, there could easily be sludge or other debris in them. But should not be too difficult to remove.....

Pick a small non-working one, take it off and hose it through to see what you get. Then see if it performs when replaced.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys

I flushed out all the downstairs radiators, 1 of them is still not warming up. 1 of them still takes a long time to warm up.

I also tried shutting off all the upstairs radiators, it makes no difference to the downstairs radiators.

ANy suggenstions.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back