Radiators on One Floor Not Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Helpful people!

I have a six-storey townhouse with the boiler at the very top level. The radiators are working fine on all but the bottom (basement) level. They were working up until about a week ago, then I noticed two of them not working at all and one just barely warm.

I bled one of them, no air escaped, just water, so I know it's full... just full of cold water.

Any ideas I might be able to try before calling out an expensive plumber just to find it was something silly?

Thanks in advance!
Linda

Sponsored Links
If you can afford a six story house you can afford to get someone out, surely.

(Don't call me Shirley).

If you can afford a six story house you can afford to get someone out, surely.

yes but tell them your boiler is on the sixth floor when you phone.
your reply will probably be thanks but no thanks. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I guess so, I spelt story wrong didn't I? Storey. That's better.

Phone British Gas and ask for their fixed price repair. Then they will sell you a power flush with new boiler.

Andy

try turnig off all the other rads that are working and see if this pushes heat to the cold ones.

Don't call BG, we get as pi55ed off with stairs as everyone else. :LOL: :LOL:

Hi Linda
Do you have thermostatic radiator valves fitted? if so it could be these that are, stuck closed, on the radiators that are not working.

Regards

spraggo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back