Radiators taking ages to warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I renovated a large house last Year and installed a BRÖTJE (Baxi).EcoTherm Plus WGB 20C boiler.
The company who installed it as since gone out of business. But I’m having some problems which might be easily fixed – hopefully.
In my living room (furthest point from the boiler), the radiators takes an hour or so to heat up and only the right hand side of the radiator heats?

Can anyone suggest anything?

Sponsored Links
As John says but also try turning off all other rads to see if an air lock is present in this rad circuit.

One hopes that on a large system the installer sized the pipe carcass correctly to allow the rads to heat up fast enough.

Thanks all,

Dave,

What do you mean about "sized the pipe carcass?" The boiler is placed in my cellar and the pipes I think are 1" 1/2 unipipe from the boiler to the rads. I'm originally from the UK but now live in Germany. When the company fitted the system I was away and my wife said that all was okay but it really isn't. I will try this weekend what you both suggested.

Thanks again fot the info.

Sponsored Links
Just means that the heating pipework is adequately sized so that friction is not so high the pump will struggle to provide the required flowrate.

As mentioned before more than likely a poorly balanced system - read FAQ's

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back