Radiators that don't bleed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read quite a few of the posts here. I have a two-zone heating system that also heats hot water. The downstairs zone and hot water are working fine. The upstairs zone used to work fine. Now, however, the radiators upstairs at one end of the house are not getting hot. They do seem to get warm occasionally.

Anyway, when I read about problems similar to this, they either say the system isn't balanced or I should bleed the radiators.

For the first point, if the system isn't balanced, why did it used to work?
For the second point, the radiators in my house don't have any valves of any kind. They have a pipe that comes up from the floor on one side and goes back down on the other side, with fins to dissipate the heat. It seems completely sealed, except at the furnace where there is a water spigot for each zone.

Can anyone please help get these radiators working again?

Sponsored Links
dont no about your country but in the uk in the top left or right hand side of the rad should be a square nut about 5mm this is the bleed valve

I looked several times on the right side, the left side, in the back, etc. There are no bleed valves of any kind. They are very low baseboard radiators that extend the length of the room but are only about 25cm high.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back