Radiators & Underfloor Heating from one boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Is it possible to branch off from an existing Combi Boiler with radiators and also run an underfloor heating circuit in my extension?

It would be nice to avoid radiators, however I understand the water temperature should be lower in underfloor heating.

The boiler is a Vokera Excel.
The extension area is 8m x 3m (hall / living room)

Thanks, Alex.

Sponsored Links
Much the same as for any boiler, though some 'plumbers' don't have a clue.

UFH for a small area can be difficult to control well and cheaply, don't go too simple. Also decide whether you might want it to be ON when the rest of the CH is OFF.

Thanks Chris, I guess it would be good to have the option of just heating the new living room with an electric system.

Does anyone know of any sites that compare running costs of the different types of heating available?

Sponsored Links
You can "zone" the extension and rest of house for separate control and use the combi , no problem. You'll need a bit of space for an extra pump and 3 control valves to do it right. Gas is still much cheaper than electricity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back