Radio code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, I have a Rover Ascot 100. The battery went flat and now the radio will not work as when it is switched on it is saying CodE. I know the code number but the code will not let me put the number in as it will not flash as it is frozen. Does anyone know how to unfreeze the CodE so that I can put in the number. Many thanks Dave

Sponsored Links
Hi, I was locked out of a radio some while ago and went to the main dealers to find out how to unlock it, as it happened I started chatting to a shady looking character in the que and he told me how to do it. What he said was this... Turn the ignition on and switch on the radio, leave the ignition on for about 30 minutes without starting the car or doing anything else to the radio. after time is up, switch the ignition off and back on again and hey presto unlocked. That was for a ford radio. I have also heard that if you remove the radio from the car, bag it and place it in the freezer for a few hours, this also works but I have not tried that way. Regards....

I have also heard that if you remove the radio from the car, bag it and place it in the freezer for a few hours, this also works but I have not tried that way. Regards....

...only if you put it next to the frozen pizza.

Sponsored Links
Back