Radio Frequency wood Glue curing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many years ago, I worked for a 'reproduction furniture' company, my job was to make the panels, ie. plane down, glue and sash cramp the wood to make table tops, dresser sides etc. The company introduced a Radio Frequency device that cured the glue in seconds, allowing the cramps to be removed after about 10 minutes. this saved a lot of time (and sash cramps) allowing for greater productivity.

Now I find myself in need of something like this as I have to constuct a load of panels (1200 x 280) about 30 of 'em. I've been away from the tools for 15 years or so and am getting back into the job again. Does anyone know where I can get one of these portable RF machines to Hire or Purchase, or are there better solutions available to enable me to produce a load of these panels?

Sponsored Links
Purcahase price may be a bit high for a one off, don't know of anyone who will do hire.

I tend to use Titebond II Alphatic resin which can come out of the clamps in 1hr but should not be stressed for 24hrs.

Whats the thickness and type of the wood and is it just a plain glue joint or reinforced in any way?

Jason

22mm thick, straight joint, but I have thought about biscuit jointing perhaps.

Oof! That is a bit steep eh? I wonder how much they cost nearly 20 years ago when I used to play with one. I may just go with the Titebond II... and invest in a few more sash cramps. Thanks Jason.

Sponsored Links
At 280mm wide you should be able to clamp 4 at a time if you have 4ft clamps.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back