Radio Interference on the Wocester Bosch DT20RF MK2

The routers operate at about 2.4 Ghz so they should not have any effect on the wireless stats.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately ive seen this quite few times. We now remove the manufactureres unit and install our own at no cost due to how many times we are out to them.

WB tell me that catagorically the dt20rf mk2 does not suffer from interference and that if i have heard otherwise it is wrong. I know it exists and i am simply fed up that a manufacturer like WB refuses to do anything about it or even be honest about the issue.

Well, every electric appliance in this country is certified to be interference resistant/compliant, so any manufacturer can claim they are interference free. They are interference free to a specific standard, not totally.
It could also be that the WB system is okay, and the problem is caused by something that is NOT ok.
I just noticed that draytons were problematic around the time wireless broadband became the standard. That doesn't prove a correlation. It did prove that changing to another brand solved the problem for me.

The Drayton wireless stats operated about 445Mhx (?) using a very simple super-regenerative receiver which had little selectivity.

When they changed to 433 Mhz the changed it to a superhet receiver with good selectivity.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The Drayton wireless stats operated about 445Mhx (?) using a very simple super-regenerative receiver which had little selectivity.
That is what I call: dropping a clanger. And I recall their hey-how-odd attitude every time I called tech support when another one went up the creek.

Latest rumour is that WB ditched drayton and have gone for their own brand.

About the original problem - maybe rotate the transmitter (or reciever if possible) in various directions? Radio waves are polarised - if the transmitting and recieving antenna are cross polarised, the signal strength drops to nearly nothing. Real antennae are also directional, with nulls in certain directions where signal strength drops a lot.

Won't help if the equipment is broken or just plain rubbish of course.

Sounds mad but also make sure there are no mirrors affecting the transmitter

Sounds mad but also make sure there are no mirrors affecting the transmitter

Nope no mirrors... so far it seems to be the WiFi is all i can think off... but this is on 2.4GHz...

Not happy with WB's lame answer though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back