Rads cold, pipes cold, but water is hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am having a problem with my gas heating system - all the radiators in the house and the pipes supplying them are cold but there is hot water in the cylinder. Does this mean there is a problem with the pump?

Sponsored Links
If I said yes (how on earth does he know from the little I've said ?), would you believe me and would it help !

I thought someone might have some things that I could check before I call in a pro....How come the boiler is heating the water in the cylinder but not the rads? Just don't want to shell out for something that might be fixable by my humble self.......

my CH/HW system at home has a small level next to the boiler which diverts water between the HW and the CH. during the summer we moved it all the way over to the HW side and this stopped the heating. great.. :D . until it stuck and had to get it replaced in october! :cry: :cry:
check to see if you have one of them!

Sponsored Links
Understand that, but your not telling us anything about your system. Is it gravity fed hot water, pumped central heating ? Is CH selected ON, on your programmer ? do you have a room thermostat ? is it turned up ? If you switch the hot water off and turn your room thermostat up does the boiler fire, etc, etc.

Could be the pump is not working or your 3 way valve is not opening allowing hot water thru to your heating side.

Get them checked. :D

I'm slow at typing today :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back