Rads heat up when running shower/bath -heating off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just noticed that our radiators are heating up when we run the bath or take a shower. (heating switched off)

We have a ravenheat 820/20 combi. Ground floor flat 5 rads.

bathroom rad get hot first - closest to boiler so guess first in line.

When the heating is off, the shower is taking a while to run up to temp (i guess because it is filling the rad system aswell) if the heating is already on then it seems fine-because it's already at temp.

any ideas as to the fault.
I need to get an eng out to have the boiler serviced anyway. would this fault be something covered in the service or is this an extra parts labour job. I am guessing I should make the service eng aware before coming etc etc.

anybody have an idea of Chester (north west) prices for the above. Or recommend an engineer in the locality.

phew questions questions...nobody expects the spanish inquisition. Fetch the comfy chair.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
the diverter valve is passing for whatever reason.

you will need corgi engineer to repair/replace it.

the engineer will be poking you with the soft cushions im afraid as the diverter is a major component and is sometimes a bit of a bugger to get out on this model

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back