Rads need bleeding daily

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
three of my rads need bleeding daily, it can get so cold upstairs and is a pain having to bleed the bathroom rad before bathing the babe. The rads get hot at the bottom but are cold up the top, I am not sure what type off system it is so will try and explain.

We have a single rate boiler (it's a really old one) with the immersion heater and the water tank above it in the main bedroom, it also has a box on the wall with a dial to set when the water/heating comes on, you can also turn the water/heating on/off/auto. The boiler down stairs only has one dial on it that is a thermostat, nothing else. The make is "Thorn".

Any ideas what I can do and why I have to bleed daily?

Sponsored Links
how long has it been like that?

does your system have a feed and expansion tank in the loft?

Go and have a look at it.

Does it have mud in the bottom?

How deep is the water level?

is there any sign that water comes out of the vent pipe (curved over the top of the F&E) or reaches the overflow pipe in the side?

When you bleed the radiators, what colour is the water that comes out?

gas in radiators is very often a result of corrosion of the steel radiators by the water. There are things you can do about it depending on your answers.

see also
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6026
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37170&start=0

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back