rads output

M

marsaday

Anyone have an idea of the BTU output of my rads. i think they are undersized. they are both single and about 1.2m wide, normal height.

i have been on a btu calculator and it says i need rads able to give out 6000 and 8000.

Sponsored Links
Anyone have an idea of the BTU output of my rads. i think they are undersized. they are both single and about 1.2m wide, normal height.
Is normal height 600mm? If so, a 600 x1200 without fins is 2,500btu and with fins is 4,100btu.

The rads are actually 1000 x 600. With fins, but they are singles.

To get meet 6000 and 8000 btu do i just need to replace them with same size doubles?

The rads are actually 1000 x 600. With fins, but they are singles.
In that case they produce 3,400 BTU each

To get meet 6000 and 8000 btu do i just need to replace them with same size doubles?
A 600 x1000 double, with fins in both panels, will produce 6,000 BTU each.

Does you boiler have the spare capacity for larger rads?

Sponsored Links
yep it has loads of capacity. it is prob 24kw running 4 undersized rads.

i can swap the lounge no probs, but need a bigger one for the attic bed. i need 8000 btu in here. what size rad would that be?

i can swap the lounge no probs, but need a bigger one for the attic bed. i need 8000 btu in here. what size rad would that be?
A 1400 x 600 double will give 8,500 BTU. But if the attic bedroom is the long, it would be better to have two rads at opposite ends. A 900 x 600 P+ (double panel with fins on only one panel) will give 4,300 BTU.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back