Rads staying on

R

Rory10

Hi

I've just put the heating on last week for first time since April, all seemed to be ok, but when I turned off the thermostat the rads remained warm/hot and still are a week later, I had the boiler serviced today any he said he can't figure it out, the boiler is working, the thermostat is working, there working together but the thermostats off and the boilers not firing up constantly but rads stay hot 24/7?! I've googled a US site and read how if the diverter is faulty it can send hot water to the rads ?, Is the diverter a "flow restrictor" in the UK? as can't see diverter in my boiler manual...thanks for any thoughts or advice

Sponsored Links
Diverter is a valve, directing boiler heated water to your radiators, or for hot water. Maybe you have a demand for water heating, but the boiler's output is going to the radiators?

Sponsored Links
Sounds logical, how tricky a job to sort out would you say?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back