1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

potterton performa 24 boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by I'll try all diy, 12 Apr 2016.

1. I'll try all diy

I'll try all diy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all. I've got a potterton performa 24 boiler. Now the issue is the heating stays on. I turn the main switches to just hot water and the rads still get hot. I thought it was the diverter valve so replaced that but still the problem persists. I then replaced the timer clock (we don't have a thermostat ) hoping it was that but still no joy. .. Am I right in thinking the last option is the pcb board? I've tried all the usual turn it of /reset etc

2. Agile

Agile

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Wow, you could have called someone and they would have repaired it for less than you will have spent in spares.

Its almost certain to be a faulty DHW demand switch.

Tony

3. DP

DP

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Below the temperature lights, there are four lights. Of these, which ones are on?

4. I'll try all diy

I'll try all diy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Dp thank youfor your reply . It has the power on light and the heating light keeps coming in although that's turned of to just hot water.

Agile I had someone out who said it was the diverter valve but wanted stupid money to replace and the clock was pennies .

5. DP

DP

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If the heating light comes on then it will not be the HW switch that is faulty. Are you sure the radiator symbol light comes on?
    You need a heating engineer to look at this one who is clued up

6. Agile

Agile

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

So you called someone out free of charge to diagnose the fault on your boiler?

Then you yourself replaced the part he told you was wrong?

It did not fix the fault !

I see that as you ripping off the engineer. Maybe he sussed out what you were doing and intentionally told you the wrong part?

I always charge for diagnosing faults.

Tony

• Like Like x 3
  7. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local