potterton performa 24 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I've got a potterton performa 24 boiler. Now the issue is the heating stays on. I turn the main switches to just hot water and the rads still get hot. I thought it was the diverter valve so replaced that but still the problem persists. I then replaced the timer clock (we don't have a thermostat ) hoping it was that but still no joy. .. Am I right in thinking the last option is the pcb board? I've tried all the usual turn it of /reset etc

Sponsored Links
Wow, you could have called someone and they would have repaired it for less than you will have spent in spares.

Its almost certain to be a faulty DHW demand switch.

Tony

Below the temperature lights, there are four lights. Of these, which ones are on?

Dp thank youfor your reply . It has the power on light and the heating light keeps coming in although that's turned of to just hot water.

Agile I had someone out who said it was the diverter valve but wanted stupid money to replace and the clock was pennies .

Sponsored Links
If the heating light comes on then it will not be the HW switch that is faulty. Are you sure the radiator symbol light comes on?
You need a heating engineer to look at this one who is clued up

Agile, I had someone out who said it was the diverter valve but wanted stupid money to replace and the clock was pennies .

So you called someone out free of charge to diagnose the fault on your boiler?

Then you yourself replaced the part he told you was wrong?

It did not fix the fault !

I see that as you ripping off the engineer. Maybe he sussed out what you were doing and intentionally told you the wrong part?

I always charge for diagnosing faults.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back