Ragged cushionfloor problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have resited the toilet in our bathroom to make more room for getting in and out of the bath. Replaced the cushionfloor, and for once made a pretty rotten job of cutting and fitting it around the pedestal. I've partly hidden the mess with a pedestal mat but its still a problem because I know it's there. Any tips for tidying up ragged cushionfloor edges around bathroom furniture? The floor covering is dark grey and I've run some black mastic around the gap between pedestal and cushionfloor but its still a poor finish. There's a material around the bottom of the kickboards in my kitchen; looks like a thin strip of black insulating tape but obviously much more hard wearing. Something like that might do.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Replace it.
Agreed. Personally I find it easier to put the floor covering down first and then replace the WC pan and basin pedestal afterwards. Tends to give less chance of water or other liquids seeping through anywhere ;) :eek:

Sponsored Links
I was rather hoping for a magical "cover all cockups" solution that would allow me to make use of the existing floor covering, but I guess I was asking too much. In future, I'll definitely bear in mind the option of putting the bathroom fittings down after the flooring.

As for the present, I think I can save the situation by putting in lower wattage bulbs and wearing dark glasses when I go to the bathroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back