Rain shower head for high pressure shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a salamander shower pump feeding two showers with thermostatic valves and rain shower heads. All was fine until the original shower heads died (one scaled and one split), I've tried to replace them but invariably the shower heads are made of two sections (top and bottom) that get forced apart by the water.

I must admit to having started at the cheaper end of the scale and am resigned to moving up - however I don't want to spend £50-100 on a shower head to find I have the same issue, the latest one's were metal but still forced open.

Does anyone know of a good make/model of shower head (probably round). Should I be looking to fit some kind of pressure limiter downstream of the pump?

Everything I can find online is about people struggling getting a good shower with low pressure and shower heads have a min pressure but not max pressure rating so I haven't been able find out much.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

thanks

Trevor

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back