Rainwater Diverter Kit Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a query that I'd like advice on if I may. There have been other posts on this but I have a few questions to still ask if possible?

I want to fit a downpipe rainwater diverter kit, to my water butt, from my metal downpipe. It is black painted, and I think cast iron.

I am planning on as mentioned, cutting through with a good hacksaw with sharp blade.

My concern is, when I have cut the small piece of pipe out for the diverter to fit, will I be able to squeeze it onto the pipe? Or will the pipe have to be removed from the wall? As it's cast iron it looks trick yo remove.

Lastly, will the pipe below the diverter need a newe bracket to support it to the wall?

Thanks for helping in any way you can

All the best

Arthur

Sponsored Links
Hi

Well I have cut the cast iron pipe with a hacksaw, it took a while and in the heat was a bit tiring! But now my query is, I cannot get the diverter over the pipe! Will I have to remove the lower part of the down pipe from the wall, and fit a new bracket after, so I can slide it into the diverter? Thanks for any help kindly offered!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back