Rainwater pipe already connected to Wastewater, a problem ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I bought a 1930s house a while ago which has a sewer pipe running to the road and one of the rainwater pipes off the rear of the property runs in to this. Another rainwater pipe on the other side of the property runs in to a pipe that goes down the rear garden, a camera didn't confirm where as the cable wasn't long enough. Neighbours have a similar setup and nobody knows where the rear garden pipes run (there is a field behind us).

Now my question is do I need to re route the rainwater going in to the sewer or is this ok as it was already routed like this when I bought the property. Also I am considering extending the property on that side and if I do will have to move the entry point to the sewer pipe, will I be required to make sure the rainwater doesn't go in to it if I carry out building work ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yeah thats what I was thinking, thanks for the reply. I'm more unsure about if I put plans in to the council for a kitchen extension which will require the current drain pipe and where it feeds in to the foul pipe to be move if they will demand that the drainage water now needs to go in a soak away in the rear garden.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back