Raise the pension age to 75.

All very interesting, but how does any of this relate to people expecting a longer retirement funded by the state?

Do you think these business would stay in the UK if we increased their taxes? Might they just not pop over to Dublin and base their HQ there?

Sponsored Links
Tax the rich, free the poor. Simples.

Robin Hood had the right idea. I might buy a hut in the woods and rob people for a living if Brexit goes ahead.

All very interesting, but how does any of this relate to people expecting to a longer retirement funded by the state?

If the state did it's job properly and taxed businesses for the welfare of its people, rather than letting them off so their own personal share portfolios grow faster, then we would not have a pension crisis, an NHS crisis or a crime crisis. The money is there, we are a very rich nation, but the Tories have convinced half the country that we are poor and need austerity, while literally laughing all the way to the bank. Wake up and smell the bloody coffee!

tumblr_p8l18tT0UQ1woqlc5o2_1280.jpg

Do you think these business would stay in the UK

Would they continue to sell goods and services in the UK, to UK citizens living here?

Would they want to continue making profits if they were expected to pay some tax?

let's think.

What does every other company or trader do?
They sell goods and services in the UK, to UK citizens living here.
They make profits and pay some tax.

If you offered them the opportunity not to pay tax, no doubt many of them would take it.

Do you think that "paying some tax" is optional?

If nobody pays any tax, will there be any public services? An army? A police force? Schools? Roads?

If Amazon's London office catches fire, do they phone the Dublin fire service and ask them to send men and equipment to put it out?

if Phillip Green's wife is robbed outside Harrods, does he phone the Monaco police and ask them to fly over?

Sponsored Links
Have you ever heard of wish.com? based in the US, sells out of China and will happily ship, tazers, illegal knives, knuckle dusters etc, to UK. They don't even care if its a child that places the order. If the authorities can't even police the importation of illegal items, I doubt they will be able to impose taxes.

Have you worked out how much it would cost to extend Pensions by 10 years to an additional 10% of the population hitting 65? We are talking around a £1tn

I doubt they will be able to impose taxes.

let me check.

You think that the tax authorities in the UK are incapable of getting companies operating in the UK to pay tax that is due by law?

You are mistaken.

Ireland is stil allowing multinational companies to launder profits through their tax system.
This system has been described as Leprechaun economics by world renowned economists, there was an astonishing difference of around 25% between Irish GDP and GNP all due to multinationals adding billions in profits to Irish GDP as if all this money was made in Ireland.

Back