Raised deck has breached the DPC!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I built a raised deck last year to the same height of my internal floors. The Wall plate/Ledger was attached to the side of the house, (4m long), with 12mm expantion bolts at 600mm intervals. The Problem is the render is a very rough finish and i have not given enough gap between the wall and the board. Consequently moisture is trapped between the wall and the board. The DPC is breached and I have a patch of damp inside at the base of the wall.. DOH!

My question is can i install a lead flashing just above the deck by cutting a slot in the wall along the length of the deck with a diamond blade and inserting the lead and making good. The lead will then take water from the wall and instead of draining between the wall and ledger board it will drain onto the deck and away. Is this feasable?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
How solid is the deck? Might it be possible to loosen the bolts and drive some wide plastic wedges in between the wall and timber? You could also hack back a strip of render and fit a length of 'bell cast' render stop bead to 'kick' the wall out just above the decking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back