Raising a drain gully

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, love this forum, it has helped me a lot recently. I'm currently planning a patio which will raise the height considerably from my existing gulley (currently in pic 1) 1930s property and the original. pipe inside diameter is 140mm. I'm away and been sent a photograph of the job my family member has done to solve this (picture 2)

Are my concerns warranted?
1) pipe going underground rather than into gulley.
2) how was the gulley raiser been secured to existing gulley is the second pipe is buried?
3) if not secured in place surely the type 1 hardcore will block the existing gully?

I thought I was going to see a concrete gully surround, with pipwork leading into it.
Please also let me know of other concerns as I suspect this is going to lead to one almighty row

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230627_131459_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_131459_WhatsApp.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20230627_131513_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_131513_WhatsApp.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 44
Sponsored Links
Two questions, what height is the DPC, and how is he going to guide the downpipe water into the square bit?( replace the downpipe with a longer one?)

Hi, DPC is higher than new positioning (2 bricks height), cant answer the second question! I am not at the property so cannot check atm. The smaller pipe to the front of the picture appears to be buried which gives me concerns as to how it is connected in. This pipe is from the central heating boiler. The downpipe , its not really a problem to replace with a longer pipe if this is the only problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back