replacing gully drain

18 Feb 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a gully at the rear of the house which takes away waste water from the kitchen sink, as well as the downpipe for the gutters.

It is blocked up and very low. Im going to be paving the back and before doing this, I want to sort ot the gully.

What type do I need, I have a spare bottle gulley, can this be used or do I need a tick type?

Also currently as the gully is low, cement has been hauched on the side to create a slope towards it. When paving, I want to seperate the drain, by using kerbs, so stop water going on the patio. Can I do the same?
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local