Raising water tank in the loft

oph

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents,

I installed a large cylinder in the airing cupboard and a 50 gallon tank in the loft in a property a few weeks ago.
Long story short, pressure on hot water still not great. The property is new build from circa 2001 and has webbed trussed which go down onto steels on the front and rear elevations.
The roof has very good head height ( over 3.5 meters) and I was wondering if I could utilise the horizontal runs that are at 2.5 that are at high level and put my tank up on it.

Looking at 240kg on CLS and then ply base with some sort of props going down onto the bottom horizontal uns of the truss.

Does that make sense?

Sponsored Links
You say pressure is still not great. Did you increase the size of these just to improve pressure ? or for another reason ?

You say pressure is still not great. Did you increase the size of these just to improve pressure ? or for another reason ?
There used to be a thermal store once. This was done away with and a 25kw combi put back in its place by some plank.
It's a 1500 cylinder now and tank above.
I want to raise height of tank

Will you get the improvement that you need though ?. I am assuming you didnt go unvented because the mains pressure was poor. However, you are where you are.

I would put in a twin impleller pump to service all the points that use stored hot or cold water.

Sponsored Links
Will you get the improvement that you need though ?. I am assuming you didnt go unvented because the mains pressure was poor. However, you are where you are.

I would put in a twin impleller pump to service all the points that use stored hot or cold water.

I pumped the hot and they don't like the noise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back