Ramsey suffers serious injury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Arsenal have reacted angrily after midfielder Aaron Ramsey suffered a serious injury that echoed the broken leg sustained by team-mate Eduardo da Silva in 2008.
:(
The Welshman appeared to have his lower leg broken in a tackle with Stoke City defender Ryan Shawcross, who was shown a red card by referee Peter Walton.

Shawcross left the field in tears, while players from both sides were visibly traumatised as medics administered emergency treatment and gave Ramsey oxygen.

The game was stopped for several minutes before Ramsey was stretchered into an ambulance and driven away from the Britannia Stadium.

Sky television decided not to show replays of the challenge because they considered the footage to be too upsetting.

Manager Arsene Wenger said the injury was a consequence of the excessively physical approach teams take against his side.
"I am not very happy with the tackle," he said.

"We have lost three players - (Abu) Diaby, Eduardo and Ramsey - for nine months or a year on horrendous tackles.

Sponsored Links
Its always sad to hear of these injuries but its a physhical game and I don't think teams deliberately go out to kick Arsenal around.Good job they didn't come up against the likes of Norman bite yer legs,Dave Mackay,Billy Bremner the list is endless of hard tacklers.

I saw the tackle and there wasn't any malice in my opinion. It was a 50/50 ball for me. I won't link to it but you can see the incident on Youtube.

Hope Ramsay recovers well.

Did'nt read the op, but any injury to gordon ramsey is a good thing.

Sponsored Links
Manager Arsene Wenger said the injury was a consequence of the excessively physical approach teams take against his side.
"I am not very happy with the tackle," he said.

Stop crying Arsene, its a physical game and players get injured

was really nasty indeed, shawcross clattered him at some pace. ive only seen the replay once but once was enough! it was a physical match between the two, its never good seeing that though and i hope he recovers fully from this. you never can tell if a player will recover right .
I wish Ramsey a soon & a fully recovery. I am sure this wasn't the intention of Shawcross.
This is a nightmare for every football player. I hope he'll be back soon on the field again. :(

Not a football fan so don't know the guy from Adam, however, after watching it on YT and stop/starting it It certainly looked like a 50/50 ball with no intention of malice. Young lad accepted the red card but wanted to go and see if Ramey was ok. Credit to him, a lot of more 'senior' players would have thrown a tantrum when red carded.
Hope Ramseys leg is not too seriously damaged with lasting effects.

Pretty awful accident. They both went for the ball but footballers have very powerful legs (obviously). If it's shattered a section of his shin it could end his career, it takes years to grow back - if ever. No malice, just an awful accident.

Just seen it myself and as one who used to play regular at amateur level this was a honest tackle and no blame should be put on shawcross if you look closely he is looking at the ball all of the time and was trying to win it ,my heart goes out for ramsey and wish him a speedy recovery but I do believe they dont come back as the same player. Wenger is paranoid

risk of the game, cant see it was malicious. if you look at the slow motion, he had his foot planted down at a funny angle before he got hit, which may have had some bearing on the impact

Watched it on match of the day and as thermo says it looks as if his ankle had gone over already.

I wanted to watch the Stoke v Arsenal match but I ended up watching Ramsey's Kicked Shin Nightmares instead.

Poxy Football :rolleyes: More time spent punditing than playing :rolleyes: I thought the thread was about Gorgon F`ing Ramsey and his chopper :idea:

Sponsored Links
Back