Range Anxiety

Good heavens

Even the Lords are ashamed that Lying Johnson and his cronies have brought them into disrepute

"Lucy Fisher, Whitehall editor 5 HOURS AGO

Nominees for political peerages should undergo deeper vetting of their suitability to take a seat in the House of Lords and be required to commit to active participation as a legislator, the speaker of the UK’s second chamber has urged."

FT.com

Sponsored Links
I am free of range anxiety my EV has gone and I have a nice smelly diesel which can go anywhere I want any time I want :cool:

And with that spacing of charge points (60Km/38M) on the principle roads even the smallest battery equipped EV will be Abe to travel extended distances.
It's just what this country needs.
Sure will but how long do you think it would take a new Ford Kuga to travel 200 miles on electric power?

IMG_5220.png

We have to realise the whole of UK is not the same. And for short trips we can normally use public ttransport, it is the longer trips where we NEED the car.

How long varies, last house could catch a bus 6 am to 10 pm, but here 10 am to 5 pm so total trip time with public transport limited to 7 hours, so I can't even get to a hospital appointment by public transport, for a 25 mile (50 mile round trip) trip to hospital I need a car.

Yes could use taxi, but that would be rather costly, and could use county ambulance, but main point is the car is required, in real terms, and it is required for longer trips more than short ones.

So to more to electric one needs to get things in order, start with easy first, so.
1) All railways other than heritage need to be electric.
2) All public transport next.
3) The public transport needs to run at times so people other than the public transport operators can get to work, hhospital, courts etc without needing a taxi for more than 5 miles.

Onice that is done we will then start on private transport.

I use an e-bike, but road to local town not safe, so need to put bike on train for first 8 miles, can't take it on a bus, and trains only run in the summer. And other than school holidays 5 days a week, no Monday or Friday service. This Saturday just two trains ran.

Sponsored Links
Sure will but how long do you think it would take a new Ford Kuga to travel 200 miles on electric power?

The car in your attachment is not an Electric Vehicle, it is a hybrid. So it is not intended to go long distances without using the engine. And it can travel without needing to be plugged in.

For local journeys, a lot of people would find a range of 20 miles or more in a day more than enough.

The car in your attachment is not an Electric Vehicle, it is a hybrid. So it is not intended to go long distances without using the engine. And it can travel without needing to be plugged in.

For local journeys, a lot of people would find a range of 20 miles or more in a day more than enough.
No good for you for your hundred trips a year to visit friends and family in London.

Yes, this is terrible. Imagine living in a world where phones and other portable devices all had different chargers and cables.
and the hugely powerful - and very busy - European Commission thought it was important enough to devote YEARS - researching and legislating to eliminate as many of these as possible

and the hugely powerful - and very busy - European Commission thought it was important enough to devote YEARS - researching and legislating to eliminate as many of these as possible

I'm pretty sure that the entire commission did not devote all its efforts to this one point for several years.

More likely a committee taking submissions from interested parties, representing industry and consumers.

I gather you don't approve.

What thread do your spark plugs have?

No good for you for your hundred trips a year to visit friends and family in London.
Mottie the fantasist wheels out his lie.
IMG_5228.jpeg

Yawn. Here we go again. Posted while your location was shown as Greenock - that’s why I questioned it at the time. You never refuted it but instead chose to swerve, deny and ignore. Beats me why you persist with denying it. Not really - you fabricated it to bolster your post in defence of black MP Dawn Butler in the Dawn Butler thread.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that the entire commission did not devote all its efforts to this one point for several years.

More likely a committee taking submissions from interested parties, representing industry and consumers.

I gather you don't approve.

What thread do your spark plugs have?
Pointing out the fallacies I see in your argument. What's the spark-plug comment about - or just an abstruse reference to an ICE ?

Pointing out the fallacies I see in your argument. What's the spark-plug comment about - or just an abstruse reference to an ICE ?

No fallacies.

Spark plugs are made to the same standards throughout the world, and have been since the early days of motoring.

Think how inconvenient it would be if every car needed a different fitting.

Do you know the other thing that is standardised, in every country and by every maker? There is almost certainly at least one in your house.

Clues: it used to be 1/4" Whit, because, Britain, but is now 1/4" UNC, because, America, which is almost the same, and the parts are deliberately made a bit loose so you can use an old one with a new one. It is an ISO standard.

The internet is crawling with videos like these. It's the new "Freddie Star ate my hamster" for the 21st century, I think. There's usually a grain of truth in them, but it is then "massaged" to make the proverbial mountain out of the molehill - and plenty of people are suckered-in by it and suspend their disbelief, because he's telling them something they want to hear! (Where have we seen that before... I wonder...);)

I could make a video, saying: "I tried to drive 145 miles in an EV - so I just got in it and drove the 145 miles and then got out again". But I doubt that would get me many YouTube views! If I was careful, I could pobably make the sequel - entitled: "And then I got back in and drove the 145 miles back, got out again, and plugged it into my charger". But again, nobody's going to watch that, because nobody wants to hear that. They want to know how I drove at 40 miles per hour all the way, freezing my bits off with no heater on, and how I had to try 15 charging stations, but none of them worked, so someone had to bring me a diesel generator (a really dirty one) and how the car set itself on fire, every 10 miles...:rolleyes:

However, that's the truth of it. I can drive a three-and-a-half hundred horsepower car, at the applicable speed limits, using whatever heating or aircon I fancy, for 300 miles, without charging, and it'll cost me about 5p per mile, and it won't set itself on fire. The car has done 14,000 miles since Christmas, so I know only too well that long journeys are possible...

https://www.theverge.com/23806690/eu...n-requirements

So pleased we've broken free of the shackles of European tyranny. How would the UK work having to have a coherent strategy to replace IC engines.

Gosh! That sounds dreadful! Imagine "the EU" getting its **** together and actually planning a future infrastructure for the benefit of the people who use it, eh?! Shocking... Personally, I've never forgiven the bastards for banning mobile operators from ripping us off for roaming charges.:rolleyes:

It's just not the British way, is it?! What we, the British public, REALLY want, is a load of grabbing, private sector industries, whacking up wildly different charging stations wherever they feel like it, with no hint of joined-up thinking, then making us use a million different apps to pay extortionate prices to use them! That's GOT to be so much better than having them reasonably evenly spaced, and all accepting quick and easy payment via the same card you use in shops to pay for just about everything else! I mean... where's the fun in that?!:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back