Range Tribune 150l Emmersion / Boiler leaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

I have Range Tribune 150l Emmersion / Boiler which has had two problems

1. Hot water stopped working
2. leaking lid on the tank

My mate has reset the emersions x 2 and water is back on but leak still happening..?

Any help that will save some moula much appreciated!

Pics attached!

Cheers

Adi

Sponsored Links
The leak could be coming from the draw off at the top of the cylinder and tracking dowm. You need to remove the stuff from the top of the cylinder to check. If the leak is under the top you need to contact Range.

The immersion heater covers need to be replaced, they're dangerous left as they are.

If the immersion elements have tripped check the tundish to see if it is letting water by. The expansion vessel charge should also be checked. When was the unit last serviced as the MI states every 12 months by a G3 certified plumber.

These tanks have a 25yr warranty if serviced as per MI.

For your own safety get it serviced and do not reset the immersion elements again as they are tripping for a reason which should be rectified first.

Pete

Sponsored Links
Great thanks guys.

I took on the property so no idea if it's been reguarly serviced, i doubt it!

I'll get Range out > £95 per hour :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back