Rangemaster cooker keeps sparking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Have a rangemaster 110 cooker when the gas lights on the oven, the electrode carrying on sparking.
I have clean the electrodes, but it still carries on sparking any thoughts

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Providing the polarity to appliance is ok it could be a damaged electrode or lead not carrying the signal back properly,
if ignition is built into the oven knob as opposed to a seperate push button then it maybe a stuck microswitch.
It may even be a faulty spark generator receiving correct signal back and not doing as it should

Ignition on these is built into the oven control knob.

MI/Sevice instructions says if it does not stop sparking when burner is alight:
"Check flame impinges on the electrode at all gas marks"
Yes = Change spark generator (PN P094308)
No = Change electrode

(Wot Namsag said :D )

Sponsored Links
Huh I had this boring thing after lighting oven. One ignition electrode ( on wok burner) wasn't working which caused the problem. Buy new? NO, I just unscrewed it and cleaned underneath it with small fine file and hey presto! This electrode was not earthing hence the continual sparking.

LOL agree, for your cooker. But 5 years later google search still leads to your original post and thus to new posts, good stuff no?

Not my post. I simply pointed out to you that the original post by lightning was 5 years ago, and your advice to him was a bit late, or can't you see that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back