Rangemaster - oven element replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm in need of some help. I've gone to replace the main oven heating element in my cooker (which I've done on previous cookers). But it would seems one of the 3 wires (blue one) that connects to the element has fallen back through the hole. I've tried and tried to retrieve it but no joy. Question is how do I get it back. Do I need to take the back panel of the cooker off?

Rangemaster
Electric

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Range out you need to get to the back, TURN THE POWER OFF AND REMOVE THE BACK ten screws or so easy job.

Take the drawer out under the right hand oven jack up the cooker by jacking point ........on the left side in the drawer cavity use a spanner.

When the front is jacked up high enough it will just roll out ! Unless it's a very old one with eight feet then you just drag it out !!

Thanks for the reply. Made some progress. Managed to work out how to jack the unit up (found a manual on ManualsLIB.com) and got the cover off. I've replaced the element. However, the fan isn't turning. So I think it may be faulty or even the thermostat. What's your thinking?

Have you set a time ? Four flashing zeros = no power to the ovens. Check you have power to the fan, does the light come on on the facia ? does the element get hot but the fan doesn't turn ? Try flicking the impellor inside the oven sometimes they stick. Fans fail but are easy to replace BUT THE FAN IMPELLOR NUT IS A LEFT HAND THREAD !!!

It could be the camshaft selector switch, if you get hold of the control knob does it feel wobbly ?

If you post the serial no four digits then six digits I can give you the part numbers.

The fan is not controlled by the thermostat !

Rangemastera are good cookers ! The door catches wear ......close the oven doors gently push and pull the doors without opening them ....does there seem to be play ?

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the delay, been flat out in work.
Thanks for your pointers the oven is now up and running.

In the end I had to swap the element but during the removing of the old one I accidentally knocked out one it the neutral cables. It all seems to be up and running and it only cost me £30.

Many thanks gasbanni!

You've saved yourself a £175 charge !

I've worked on Rangemaster's a long time. Make sure you get the serial no always need for parts.

Drawer out, in the drawer cavity right hand side vertical chassis member there should be s data badge .......four digits followed by six. Or on the back.

One last thing. I noticed when replacing the element that there was a piece of what seems like foam between the element and the back oven wall. I presume this was like a cushion between the element in the back wall. Unfortunately this has perished so does it need replacing? See attached image

Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201122_194239~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20201122_194239~2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 226
Is it available as a spare, if so it sounds like it may be just a gasket to stop any vibrations affecting the element. That's just a guess though hopefully gasbanni will tell you for certain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back