Rattling main burner on Linea 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is doing my head in.

The main burner assembly intermittently rattles. It seems like it's the front part (the cross-lighting strip) that's doing it.

The whole assembly is completely unsupported at the front.

I think the only source of vibration is the pump (a Grundfos one), and it does't feel like undue vibration. I don't think the flue fan is introducing vibration, although I haven't looked too closely at it.

Any tips?

Sponsored Links
My tip is that you need to call a gas reg engineer.

A DIYer should not be opening the combustion chamber!

Tony

If the rattle is at the burner you need a RGI as it is behind the front combustion chamber door.

As it happens I am doing a job for one on Monday morning. I'll ask him if he thinks he can sort it.

Sponsored Links
OTOH I don't want to call him out if the answer is going to be "the pump is introducing too much vibration", since the cost of the pump is quite high (£150).

Has anybody come across the problem before? If I hold/push on either the pump, or air chamber panel & sides firmly, the rattle stops while I do so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back