Vokera Linea 24 Issues

bom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Firstly, thank you - this forum has been very helpful!!

I recently bought a flat with the aforementioned boiler and have been having some issues. The boiler was making a loud rattling noise and giving me an 03 error.

I had a company come out to fix my boiler. They had a look for about 20 seconds and suggested this ...

"Following our initial Call Out to site please find below the engineers report and the cost for the remedial works.

Done investigation as why boiler is making noises traced ths to be the gas valve is on its way out also the expansion

vessel need repressing as the pressure is going to high and the boiler is letting the excess water out.

To isolate the electrical and plumbing supplies to the existing boiler

To supply and install 1 No. gas valve.

To supply and install 1 No. pressure relief valve.

To re pressurize the expansion vessel.

To test."

I proceeded with this work but sadly about 2 hours after the plumber left I had an 04 error message and no pressure in the system. The rattling also hadn't stopped.

He came back out, and the verdict was "Checked all visible pipe work for leak from ch system none found would suggest adding sealant to system so it can trace and seal leak.
Also there is a rad that is rusting in the front room which indicates to me that there is a high sludge content is the system.as there is a few faults on the system that need to be addressed I would suggest draining the system them cutting in to the flow and return pipes and using a wet and dry hover try to remove what evry is rate ruling in the system. then add sealant to the system to find the leak."

Since that last appointment the pressure seems to have pretty much remained at the same level (1.5 when CH is on), I still have the rattle and have had an 03 error message.

Having spent sometime on this forum I have gone back to the company with the following email ...

"It would appear both issues I have with the boiler are fairly common. I had a look in the instruction manual tonight and it does make it very clear that an '03' error is resolved by cleaning the flue, which I know hasn't been looked at. It's also interesting to see that the rattling noise that I originally complained about is fairly common (see below). When your plumber was here he did pull the pin out and the noise did indeed stop. With this in mind it looks like he needs to remove any deposits off the pin and re grease it.

"on ch, the diverter can be faulty and cause spill through the pl ate h/ex, which has a nrv that rattles. to prove this, ask your installer to remove the dv motor, and then gently pull the dv pin with long nosed pliers [whilst boiler running on ch demand.] the noise should stop. the dv can be repaired. [make sure all deposits are removed from pin with stanley blade and wire wool]"

and

"if the diverter valve does not close fully [due to primary system carp building up on diverter pin] primary flow intended for the ch, spills through plate h exchanger. its going in the correct direction, but at reduced velocity, causing the nrv to rattle. when h/w is drawn, full flow of primary water through plate h exchager renders nrv silent or inaudable due to mains water noise.
I dont mean scratch all the chrome off pin, just remove deposits and re grease. Linea is a very good boiler"

Though I appreciate it's difficult to diagnose problems exactly, I am disappointed that I am going to end up with a bill of around £600 (most of which was to replace the gas valve that your plumber thought was causing the rattle, but which actually wasn't) to fix 2 issues that it looks like a thorough service should have resolved.

Here's hoping you can resolve both the rattling noise and this 03 error message in the next visit. "

I'd be interested to hear your guys thoughts and how you think I should proceed?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back