Ravenheat 802/20 Hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Suddenly the hot water output on my Ravenheat 820/20 has stopped. When drawing hot water the main burners do not ignite. However if I turn up the room thermostat so that it turns on the central heating the main burners ignite and I can get plenty of hot water. The radiators are cold for as long as I draw hot water but get hot as soon as I stop using hot water, so the central heating side is working well.

Any thoughts on the problem and how to recitify please ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
there is a diapragm in the divertor valve which is probably worn or stretched, needs to be replaced.

On that model its a knuckle scraping job to remove/repair.

Furthermore the large nut can be very difficult to remove now they are 16 years old.

Tony

Thanks for the informative replies.

Is changing the diverter valve something that I can do ? I know, you have no idea of my capabilities but I am good with plumbing having installed the complete central heating system some 11 years ago (only the water side as the gas side was done by a Corgi guy)

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
In theory you could do it yourself.

But if I find it a difficult job even when I have a selection of tools and experience of the problems, then I would suggest that you think twice about doing it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back