ravenheat rsf 820 /20 pilot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi has anybody got a fault finding chart for ravenheat rsf 820 20 !! . pilot light and main burner on low when no call for heat or h water ? then lockes out as to hot as pump not runing

Sponsored Links
Sounds as if you may have two faults!

First check diverter valve pin is retracting after DHW demand.

I doubt any fault finding chart will help you with that fault!

I dont see many of that model in Cov.

You may find that you have to get professional help. Only do that on a no-fix no-fee basis otherwise no-hopers will come round and charge you to say you need a new boiler( at their slightly inflated price ! ).

Tony Glazier

Hi it sounds like its a fault with the gas valve its not seating properly when off and allowing a small amount of gas to pass through, or it could be the modureg valve getting a small dc voltage from a faulty board
i would turn it off and get an r g i to look at it fast, its ok whilst the pilot light keeps working but if that fails then you will be in trouble, i had this once on a back boiler with a gas valve passing by luckily it all turned out ok.
If you ring ravenheat they will give you an couple of numbers of local r g i that have done their service and maintenance courses that way at least as Tony says you will not get a load of numpties coming to look at it

mick

thankyou for the replys just to update you: after boiler locking out a few times from the first fault, the pilot light now wont stay a light. had a look at the diverter valve and the small pin cover was off but still inside the microswitch housing. have put it back on and since this the pilot light wont stay lit. before when lighting the pilot light the boiler would fire up with no call for ch or dhw.

Sponsored Links
the pilot is in series with an overheat cut off stat which has prob now gone faulty, as i have said get an r g i to look at it for you, its not a job for the d i y.
Thats the only info i can supply you with.
At least now you cannot relight it and cause other problems which will be dangerous if the valve is passing by, so have a pro to look at it

mick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back