Ravenheat 820/20 tripping RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I have a property that is currently unoccupied due to working away. I checked on it earlier today and found that the electrics had tripped.

The fuses were all ok, as was the main switch on the fusebox, but the RCD had tripped.

I went round and unplugged everything that wasn't so already, but it kept happening. I only got the electrics to stay on by switching off the boiler (Ravenheat 820/20) at the main switch on the control panel (on the boiler itself, not the timeclock controls)

I've done a few tests, and not to put to fine a point on it, as soon as the main switch is turned back on, the RCD trips out again. I did pop the cover off, and basically blasted anything electrical with WD40 in case of there being any slight water leak into the electrics.

Is there anything these boilers are particularly known for that could cause these symptoms? The trip happens as soon as the electric is turned not- you don't even have to get as far as trying to light the pilot because before you get there the RCD has tripped again!

Would really appreciate any advice people can give me, and if people need further information to help diagnose, please ask. ALthough please also remember that I am not too near the boiler at the moment!

thanks

CD

Sponsored Links
You cannot repair boiler with an aerosol spray!

Its also highly dangerous as the propellant is very flamable!

You have to diagnose the fault with a multimeter and in your case an earth leakage test meter.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back