Ravenheat 84 or 100 et Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If my Boilers stat on the CH is turned upto full the after a wgile the boiler shuts off and the red light starts to flash and also does this with the hotwater. Also the downstair Rads will not get hot unless i turn them off upstairs even after bleeding them all.

If I turn the stat down it will stop the red light from comming on but the boiler does not stay lit long enough for the Rads downstairs to heat up but upstairs are boiling hot. Previously I had a problem with the hot water not working which was fixed for while by replacing the diaphram on the 3 way valve and changing the thermistors which work fine for a while except the Rads would get hot when the hot watre was on.

I think I need to replace the 3 way valve would that fix the problem or do you think there is something else wrong.

The fan comes on and the boiler ignights but the flam does not increase the same as it used to on the CH but does on the DWH and the pump sounds like it is working.

Please Help...

Sponsored Links
First thing I would look at would be the pump. It's could be air or a new pump. Needs to be checked, before checking anything else. :D

Thanks. The Pump sounds like it is working and there is a voltage going to it. Do you know what the flashing red light is for?

Voltage to the pump, and sounds like it's working, is not enough, it would need testing. Not being a Ravenheat expert, but it sounds like the boiler is firing up and overheating fairly quickly, which indicates bad circulation. Hence the flashing light.(check fault finding in MI's, as different flashing lights mean different things) unless of course there is a Ravenheat man out there viewing your thread.

Sponsored Links
Thanks I have looked at the engineers manual from the Ravenheat site which is not much cop and has no mention of red flashing lights unless there is a better one somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back