Ravenheat 84E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Quick question for you, sister inlaw has moved into a new flat
and it has a ravenheat rsf84e boiler, until last night it's been fine no problems, the heating is ok but she cant get any hot water only warm, when you run the water the boiler main burner lights :confused: is their a temp sensor at fault or a diverter valve not working
cheers

Sponsored Links
DHW Thermistor/NTC. Is the water running luke warm and then cold with burner coming on and off.

DHW Thermistor/NTC. Is the water running luke warm and then cold with burner coming on and off.

cheers for the quick reply,
the burner stays on all the time till the tap is turned off

Sponsored Links
Feel the heating pipes underneath the boiler. If the flow pipe is very hot it means your losing power to the radiators and inturn you water wont get as hot.

Is this likely to be a faulty diverter valve.

Feel the heating pipes underneath the boiler. If the flow pipe is very hot it means your losing power to the radiators and inturn you water wont get as hot.

Is this likely to be a faulty diverter valve.

Then its the potentiometer not regulating the gas valve.

I hope Craig remembers how this one works.

It might be a gas supply problem, thats less common but just to remind me I have been to two last Sunday!

But testing for that is a CORGI job but you could run the DHW and see how long it takes for one turn of the 1 cu ft dial on the meter.

Tony

I hope Craig remembers how this one works.

It might be a gas supply problem, thats less common but just to remind me I have been to two last Sunday!

But testing for that is a CORGI job but you could run the DHW and see how long it takes for one turn of the 1 cu ft dial on the meter.

Tony
Hi Tony I changed the meter & regulator when she moved in for it was fitted with a credit meter (work for scottish gas network) so the pressure sits fine at 21mb working pressure, not to say that the governors not went to fault :eek: another thing to check cheers Tony

Thinking purely from memory Tony, seem to remember the flow switch also regulates the gas valve.

Oh I envy you getting on that training day (ARGI).
So im lookin in the correct field, NTC,POT and flowswitch regulate the DHW :?:

;)

Could be worth checking the wp at the boiler when dhw is on max temp and max flow

found out if you reduce the flow through the taps the water heats up :!:

Thats only to be expected!

But there are only three likely reasons for the poor DHW:-

xxx Lack of enough gas to burner, usually supply problems.

xxx Temperature control fault.

xxx Lack of heat transfer from burnt gas to DHW.

Craig, this boiler is no longer in the mainstream so was not really covered in much detail as the current market is of course the condensing models.

Tony

hi i folks
thought i would give you an update with this boiler :cry:
we changed the potentimeter, & the dhw sensor, & its still the same, found out the flat above had a flood, and water was in the boiler, which we found out when we took the plastic pipe from the gas valve to the boiler case, had water in it, do you think this gas valve could be the problem? cheers

Until you or a competent CORGI measure the gas pressure at the inlet to the boiler and to the burners then we cannot advise you further.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back