ravenheat 85

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
boiler conked out last week.air pressure switch replaced.run yesterday from 9.30.am until 10 pm clock turned on to timed for this morning,but no ignition. taken combustion chamber front off, turned on boiler ,fan runs, but no ignition unless u blow down pressure switch tube and clamp it.boiler works o.k. looked at it too much now , feel like not seeing obvious.

Sponsored Links
check tubes for splits on both ends and blockages, also fan may be runnung too slow

checked tubes. cleaned flue.fan is 230v and single speed. how can i tell if its running slower than it should be ? thats the only thing i can come up with at this point.

get to the fan, take the tubes off the fan and wipe a bit of spit on the the metal tube on the fan, if it doesnt suck it in thats ya problem

Sponsored Links
tube runs from aps to flue nipple.other tube is short into chamber.non directly from fan.

if there is no blockage anywhere in tubes or flue nipple and no holes or splits in the tubes and the air pressure switch is new and you havent got the tubes mixed up then it has to be the fan

Take the tubes off one at a time from the APS end and blow some big lung fulls of air through them.
Honeywell APS's tend to stick on these. So if perchance thats what you have just fitted then don't rule it out as the cause.
Look outside at the flue. Make sure it isnt blocked or covered. I dont know how your flue is situated but for example some kids may have been using it as target practice for their mud balls. If the terminal has fallen off vermin can get in. People get rendering done and the flue gets full off debris etc. You would be surprised what can happen.
Fans often get noisy when they have a problem. Is this the case?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back