Ravenheat boiler - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've had this boiler for a few years now and its always had problems but now it seems its something I can't ignore.

Basically the central heating consists of lots of banging, we joke that there is a guy with a drum set in the boiler room. I'm guessing its the pipes have come up but yeah this was something I could ignore.

Then the hot water got twitchy, you had to blast the tap to get hot water.

Now the hot water has gone altogether.

I'm pretty sure its a Ravenheat CSI 120 going off google images, what do you guys suggest?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the diaphragm in the diverter valve has failed. the symptom for the hot water (running it fast in order to work) is a common one.
Only problem is access to the diaphragm, the whole valve usually has to come out, or gas valve removal is needed. either way, service kit=cheap, labour cost=not cheap :rolleyes:

as for the other noise(banging) what does your pressure gauge say? if it is low, could be the pump as the other poster says.
or could be boilerstat too high or pipes not secure. depends on the severity of the noise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back