ravenheat combi boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im new to this forum and would be thankful if anyone can explain whats wrong with a boiler i currently have... its a ravenheat combi 820/20 model boiler ...The boiler heats fine but cuts out the pilot only after running a long hot bath,...i don't know the reason for this or is there a faulty part that i could buy and replace? it have no thermostat within the house just the one built on the boiler, is there also a way to connect 2 seperate thermostats to this boiler... thanks in advance to anyone who can help me

Sponsored Links
Hi it sounds like the heat exchanger is corroded up could be just limescale or it could be debris from the system i suppose you could try power washing the system out and descale the domestic part of the heat exchanger but its not cheap around £500 whats prob happening is after running a long bath the main heat exchanger gets rearly hot so when it turns off the latent heat insde in the boiler cannot dissapate so it gets overheated and cuts the overheat stat out which is in seiries with the flame failure device
thes boilers can be up to 16 years old so it could be time for a new one

thanks for replying mate im gona have to look into it if its better to get a new one or replace it thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back